Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Ameer Hakeem Al Waseem- Siri 2

so this is the continuation from the 1st series hahaha

Bila abang attended Hakeem, nurse pun jahit luka. I felt so sleepy and extremely tired as if I have just finished a 20km running marathon. My energy level was 0 such that I felt like could not even raise my own hand. Another nurse then came, bringing a glass of hot milo and biscuits. I quickly finished the drink and ate few biscuits but I also felt so nauseous and very dizzy at the same time. Rasa tak sedap satu badan and serba tak kena. When abang came back, abang tolong urut belakang. Lepastu terus muntah segala isi perut and I felt better but was still very tired. By then Hakeem dah ok, but was still breathing fast. Abang nak pass Hakeem untuk initiate breastfeeding tapi memang tak mampu nak pegang, so lepas try sekejap (tapi Hakeem tak menyusu pun), abang sent him back to the observation area. Sempat tahnik dengan kurma. I fell asleep sampai 5.30pm!!! Bila bangun, a Paediatric doctor came to me and told me that he would be admitted because he was tachypnoeic (bernafas terlalu laju) and oxygenation was not that good. I said ok. Abang balik dulu to fetch Faheem and later a nurse sent me to the postnatal ward.

I felt fresher and took a shower. Rasa lebih segar. Dinner pun sampai and I finished my meal. Not long after that abang arrived with Faheem and together we went to NICU. Hakeem was kept NBM (kena puasa) because of his rapid breathing. He was started on antibiotic. My body was still not producing breastmilk so I had no issue with pumping. For the first time in many months, I had an extremely good night sleep ;p

I was discharged the next morning but Hakeem had to stay in NICU for at least 2 days. So I went back home and know what I did? Aku masak sup tulang huhuu. Sebenarnya sebelum admit haritu, dah rebus tulang for 2 hours. Semangat nak masak sup tulang. Tapi x sempat. So minta abang simpan dulu tulang rebus tu dalam fridge. Lepas keluar je hospital, I just had to finish cooking it. Melanggar pantang larang sungguh! Tidur sekejap tengah hari tu and plan untuk ke NICU malam nanti sebab Hakeem dah boleh start feeding.

We have 2 big cupboards (almost floor-to-ceiling) in our room, with doors entirely lined with mirrrors. Guess what? I hate that the most because I hate looking at my own figure! Baby dah keluar but I still looked like I was 4-5 months pregnant. Oh the flabby abdomen, the unshapely figure, urgghhhh. I was in denial, but let it be. I tried convincing myself that this is normal for a mother who had just gave birth a day ago, but I still hate it haha.

Day 2- still no breastmilk!!!! I became panic, but luckily I had my bestfriend Dr Hana- a lactation consultant to calm me down hehe. Memang consultant lah kan klu dulu dia boleh pam susu sekali sampai 20oz! Cuba pam, cuba buat massage semua tak jalan. Ok, this is so weird and so unlike my experience with Faheem. Time Faheem dulu, lepas bersalin and masuk postnatal ward, aku mengantuk nak tidur. Tapi nurse datang suruh susukan baby. Waktu tu dia buatkan marmet, mencurah2 susu keluar!

Try lah makan alfalfa and minum ESP, masih tak keluar susu. Jadi petang tu, panggil makcik tukang urut untuk buat urutan tambah susu. Memang depserate dah ni sebab malam tu nak g susukan Hakeem. Makcik tu urut and tungku, ada keluar susu sikit, tak banyak. But that is better than nothing :) Aku tanya mak cik tu, pernah tak dia jumpa orang yang bersalin tapi tak ada susu badan? Dah usaha macam2 tapi still tak ada susu badan? Makcik tu kata TAK PERNAH. Dia kata ada yang sampai 3-4 hari takde susu. Tapi mesti ada lepas tu bila baby suck, urut, dsb. Aku rasa lega sangat bila dia kata camtu. Sebenarnya selalu jumpa mak yang bawa anak jaundice, tak bagi susu badan sebab tak ada susu. Tapi susu tu ada, cuma cepat dan lambat je. Tapi kalau tengok tak ada susu, lepastu terus tak bagi anak menyusu badan, memang susu tak akan keluar sebab takde stimulation from baby.

So that night I went to NICU and stayed there for few hours till 1-2am menyusukan Hakeem. It was such a wonderful indescribable feeling. Hakeem pandai menyusu, and tak menangis lapar pun walaupun susu masih tak banyak. I love the bonding time, he warmed up to me instantly and I guess that is the most beautiful thing for a mother. I looked at his contented face and told Hakeem he should be thankful to Allah because in the world where pembuangan bayi becomes a norm, he was choosen by Allah to be born in a family who loves him. We prepared extensively for his arrival and couldnt wait for him to be born. I gain more confidence Alhamdulillah and went back home feeling happier and satisfied :)

No comments:

Post a Comment